Monday, May 16, 2005

Aprons, Part II

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
vintage photo from my collection

I just recently sorted through my huge collection of vintage photographs and found many images of women in their aprons. I especially love this photo. The look in her tired eyes. The wee bit of a smile, that to me speaks volumes. Is she posing a little? The way she is holding her one hand speaks of grace and craftiness. Okay maybe I am going a bit overboard, but that is exactly why I love vintage photos. Moments captured. The stories. They all say something.

And that apron!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jane said...

I've just discovered your blog via mama unraveled. This photo is amazing, and your blog is great. I can manage the apron bit, but would need serious health & home insurance if I also did the roller skates.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous amy k. said...

beautiful.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Aha, this *aprons* is what led me over to your blog....delightful visit, great scrapbook collection. Wish I was motivated enough to try to draw up a pattern for myself....not today but maybe sometime.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Guinevere Meadow said...

Hi! I stumbled my way over here somehow, and I *love* your blog!! Where do you get all your vintage photographs? I want to start my own collection. I have a few already, but I'm sort of at a loss now!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home