Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Illustrated by...

I adore vintage children's books and am especially fond of terrific illustrators. I happened to stumble upon a copy of Robert Louis Stevenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses." This particular copy is illustrated by Gyo Fujikawa.

Just feast your eyes on these yummy illustrations:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Gyo Fujikawa died in 1998 and was the author and/or illustrator of many children's books. If you ever get your hands on one you will be pleased, I assure you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I love them as well! thanks for sharing, I will have to look out for some..

1:48 PM  
Blogger tender arts said...

I had some of her (his?) chunky books when my daughter was little. We loved them!

3:50 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

we have a RLS children's verse book, but I don't think that that is the same illustrator.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home