Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Name Is Kim...

and I am a thrift-store-a-holic.

Many thanks to Stephanie for the great lead to a new fabric and craft thrift store (all of those words together just make me full of glee!) here in Portland. I ventured to the knitt'n kitten today and purchased a few little gems. Then I was reading about Hilary's thrift fix. So having met my fix today I thought I would share what I had to squeal about today. (PS... Hilary if you see anything you like, I may be interested in trading you for those crochet patterns!)

I really have a thing for fabric that has little quaint scenes all over it and they had a couple that I just had to have

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh...I so love this fabric! I just wish I was adequate at the sewing machine. This will hopefully be some sort of purse/tote someday.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a couple more things that make me a happy little bird
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Recent sheet finds --so much fabric and so little time or knowledge...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Off the subject a bit....my Dad sent me this cute image. It seems to fit in with the May Flowers theme.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool fabrics! I love thrift stores...especially you find "just the right thing!"

9:08 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Oh, I'm glad you came home with some finds! I think Amy (angry chicken) was going today, too.

10:09 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

too cool!!! I'm definately making a road trip to portland! Thanks for sharing the finds:)

11:31 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

Wow!! What serious finds you had today!! That red and black is so totally asking to be a bag--you're right! Lucky you!!

12:05 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

oh I just read this post, sorry Kim, I totally would have sent you that crochet book but now I've already sent it on to someone else. sorry I didn't see this sooner

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home