Monday, May 23, 2005

Sunshiney Daaaayyyy

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Portland Forecast for the week---Sun. I hope that my scarey dark mood will lift when I see and feel the sun. I don't know if it is that "time-o-month" thing, that seven day mood swing (that I seem to never remember having before) but my patience level has been at an all time low lately.

I love my boy. His imagination is incredible. His desire to share all and I mean ALL of his thoughts though has been tiresome and irritating. From the moment he wakes up to the moment his head hits the pillow at night---he is talking NON-STOP. Don't get me wrong, I am with him during the first few moments that he is telling me about "The ghost trap that is going to be made of bent plastic and pieces of tape all over it and maybesometoothpicsandthenwewillgodownthestairsintothebasementandsearchforthefootprints....mom are you listening?" I am hopeful that with the sun coming I will be more sunny and feel less like a crappy mom who isn't "present" with her child. Then I depise the way that I beat myself up about it. Which just makes the whole thing worse.

What I strive for is this quote from Pablo Casals, "Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? That two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. We should say to each of them, Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? We must all work to make the world worthy of its children."

I am a child, too. Unique. A marvel. (hmmm...)

Here comes the sun........

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a great post. Brimming with the essence of life itself, love. My daughter enjoys her boy like this too. First grandchild, we are in love ;-)....Like the truth you ended with, about not harming another. Great insight.

10:31 AM  
Blogger joy madison said...

lovely lovely weather we are having now, huh? They've lifted the "drought" conditions that they were already guessing we'd have. Just shows you how much the news sensationalizes everything. Its gorgeous this week though!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

You are a marvel. Reading that great passage so full of hope and the energies of love and honor of the young makes me smile to know you.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home