Tuesday, May 03, 2005

T-Ball Lessons

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday night was Christopher's first T-ball game. How fun it is to watch children pretend to be competitive. I am not a huge fan of competitive sports at all and really could care less about who wins what. There are so many more important things in life. But Christopher and his Dad like baseball. Or rather Christopher likes baseball because his dad does. If his dad was a drummer he would probably enjoy drumming, too. All those things that I have been trying not to do (i.e. avoiding the use of "Good Job!" for one) have gone out the window. I am so aware of when I say it that at least I am aware of my awareness. But I can't stop saying it. Each child swings and hits and almost every parent screams out "Good Job!".

At tonight's game I did my best to just be "watching" Christopher enjoy himself without the added commentary. Yes, he likes to sit on the dirt in the field. Yes, he likes to look at the clouds overhead. Yes, he would rather hug a teammate then to listen to his coach. Yes, he has to be told by the coaches "Pay attention Christopher." Yes. Yes. Yes. When the game was over I walked up to him and said, "Good Job!" Gee whiz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home