Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday Fab Finds

I am so looking forward to spending time with my boy this summer.
I can not wait to craft like a crazy woman. I have a pile of crocheted hats that need embellishing. I need to plan my fall/winter line of hats and other delightful items. I want to hike, garden, and have fun.

I found a wonderful book by Vibeke Lind called "Practical Modern Crochet" and it is full of wonderful free-form ideas. I just love it.

This image is lovely and so is the hat.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love these pillows
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As for my weekly finds, here you go:

If you live in Portland and you want to hear your child say "Ohhhhh, Wow, Mom, Amazing, Oh MOM LOOK AT THIS!" about a thousand times you must head over to Ed's House of Gems. I have driven by the red building for years and have never set foot in it, until Christopher took up rocks this week. It is a wonderful place.

A craft project involving a bleach pen that I cannot wait to try. Yes I know it is bleach, but it is a great idea.

Hot Dog Buns not for your average weiner.

A cute little shop at milky pop.

5 Comments:

Blogger joy madison said...

cool stuff. that milky pop shop is one I hadn't come across before. Love that. Check my blog for this shop I found via flickr. I think you'd like. I went to portland last weekend with my dh and kids. It was so clean!!! I loved it. We will definately be back!

10:37 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

that's a vintage book? it looks so current. love that hat!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

I really love the idea of free-form crochet. Those pillows are wonderful. Have a great weekend!

2:58 PM  
Blogger kath red said...

what a lovely hat

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

Hi Kim, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I want to wear clothes like that as well, but have always had more fashion courage in my imagination than in reality!

Those crochet cushions are beautiful with their lovely organic patterns and colours.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home