Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sentimental

Christophers last day of kindergarten is tomorrow.
Wow.
He will never be this age again.
He will never get out of school at 12:30pm again.
He will never set foot into this place of his life again.
(let me get a tissue).
I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have had Christopher attend Garden Laboratory Charter School. Not to mention any names, but the best thing I have ever done (other than having this child) is to remove him from a stressful, constrictive, unimaginative school and enroll him in this "not-so-perfect" yet supportive, creative, and tender school.
His teacher, Miss Campf, is a true gem. Patient, kind, loving, and she has this amazing ability to see the good in all children. It was an extremely challenging year and she had more patience than I have in any given second of a day.

I also have to say that even though I knew that Christopher could never attend another day or second in his previous school, my life was made so much easier when Ali and Jaden joined us. Or did we join them? Either way, our children had so much fun, love and exploration this year. Just as it should be. Thank you, Ali.

So for your viewing pleasure....a few pics of my (former) kindergartener. (Could my heart swell any more..really..it hurts)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
on a neighborhood walk

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At Zenger Farm.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"that's me"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Notice the apron...here he is on Cooking Wednesday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I just love the expression on his face and that dang cute hat he is wearing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love this pic of Jaden holding onto ice.

So...here is to a long, wonderful and 75 degree summer and first grade and good friends and and and...turning 6.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ahh shucks...I am a sucker for this child.

3 Comments:

Blogger joy madison said...

my kindergartener is almost done with school too. :( I read some of the end of school paper work and got literally teary eyed. I am homeschooling next year, so it is kind of an emotional time for me right now.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Kim,
I can't imagine having gone through this year without you. I'll never forget the look on your face when you walked out of the other school and said, "That is the last day my boy will ever set foot in this $@)*@()* school." That is when the adventure began. It was a year of ups and downs, but mostly ups and I wouldn't change a thing. We totally did right by our children and gave them a wonderful experience.

Man, I'm crying already and I haven't even gotten to the end of the year celebration yet.

See you there!
Ali

6:34 AM  
Blogger mo said...

Wow, you got me all teary too! My sweet boy is off to kindergarten in the fall and I am having a tough enough time imagining him somewhere 5 days a week! Thank goodness I have a 3 year old with two more years at the best preschool on earth. Its so hard but so wonderful to see them grow up.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home