Wednesday, June 08, 2005

When I have the time....

Just like Amy over at angry chicken I almost started crying when I came across these books by Jean Ray Laury. I found one of them at a thrift store last week and yesterday I found the other at the same thrift store. Each of them is full of stunning brilliance and incredible inspiration.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From Applique Stitichery:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And from Quilts and Coverlets:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Be still my beating heart. I am so hopeful that during the summer I shall have time to give applique a go and may even try to combine it with my crochet hats and other fun things.

---------------
PS....Jean Ray Laury is even on the web. Stephanie will enjoy this chicken quilt.

5 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

LOVE all of this. That green and blue coverlet! I have an unfinished applique project strikingly similar to that tree. I am going to be on the lookout for her books.

9:55 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

hey cool finds. I love your blog too, lots of great things. thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

10:31 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

so so cool!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Guinevere Meadow said...

Very interesting! I wish I was crafty. Well, I am, but I mean in an artsy kind of way. ;) Everytime I begin a project, I devote myself whole-heartedly to it...for a few days. I have a cross-stitch that I started literally YEARS ago, and it's one of those "weekend project" ones that you buy as a kit. Sigh. I shall live vicariously through you...

1:16 PM  
Blogger beth said...

Ms. Laury is great. Also check out Charlotte Patera & Virginia Avery, Gloria Vanderbilt's Book of Collage and Martha Mood. I only recently discovered these craft blogs. I think I am a generation removed (older) from you creative young women & I love seeing what you all are doing!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home